Jan 11, 2010

Bloggiesta - Finish LIne




When I signed up for Bloggiesta I was feeling enthusiastic and healthy!

Bloggiesta To Do List

*Write Reviews and clean up drafts
*Bring Book reviews together
*Bring Interviews together  Done
*Bring associate programs together  Done
*Template  for contest phrasing and contest answering  Done
*List books for review
*Have backup posts  Done
*Invite guest posts
*Cleanup tags
*Make a list of what I want to cover in 2010
*Edit About Me Page
*Write review policy
*List and Link other challenges
*Prepare for upcoming posts - Partially Done
 
On Friday, when the challenge began I put in seven hours, having started in mid-afternoon. Saturday and Sunday was not as productive.

The first thing I did was clean up up the sidebar associate program sites so that now at least they are all together.   Done

Then I made up templates that I can use when running contests so that the list of rules is more uniform. Done

I put together 3 backup posts. Very time consuming, but definitely worth the effort because now I have some breathing room.   Done

Prepare upcoming posts - which means having posts ready for the entire coming week. Very valuable! (still have one more to do)  Partially Done

I now have a post - see Events and Contests sidebar - that has links to the various author interviews on PVN.   Done

Total hours - 17


What Bloggiesta has helped me do is organize my thoughts on what needs to be done on PVN. I hope that when I have finished everything on the TO DO List that it will give the site more value to my readers.

As you can see I had lots of Bloggiesta plans for the weekend, but late Friday evening the symptoms of a nasty bug showed up. I've spent the last 2 1/2 days feeling achy, listless, and unable to concentrate on much of anything, even mindless TV. But in my moments of clarity - and there were a few - I worked on the Bloggiesta challenge! Most items were not accomplished this weekend, and that's OK. Now I have a plan.

Thank you, Natasha, and the many others who made Bloggiesta possible!

4 comments:

Simcha said...

Wow, good work! I wasn't able to participate this weekend, but seeing everyone else's accomplishments makes me want to put in some work on my blog too.

Patricia Altner said...

Signing up for the challenge does help focus the mind :)

Lisa Roe said...

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better! My bloggiesta was like yours: I put a lot towards it on Friday, but fell off the rest of the weekend. But your excuse was better than mine! :-)

Patricia Altner said...

Hi Lisa

Thanks, I am feeling better!

Good to hear from you.