Aug 3, 2008

Excerpts of recent books


ROMANCING THE DEAD (Garnet Lacey, Book 3)
Berkley, 2008

by Tate Hallaway

"Could I really see myself married to a... vampire?

The diamond ring on my finger sparkled in the early morning light. My bicycle nearly ended up in the ditch more than once as my eyes kept straying to the golden band. Married? Me?

Read more of the EXCERPT


MIDNIGHT REIGN (Vampire Babylon book 2) Ace, 2008

by Chris Marie Green

Jessica Reese came home from her job at a Hollywood bar that night, someone was waiting in the bedroom closet.

Someone hiding amidst hanging party dresses and dry cleaning wrappers that ghosted back and forth with every slight, controlled breath. Someone who sat patiently with a container of bleach and a long knife that would be used to slash the victim’s throat and quiet her before that Someone could tear the woman’s neck apart in leisurely delight.

Someone was going to become a star tonight.

The sheer plastic hangings leeched air out of the tiny closet, making the wait a humid, trembling vigil. Read more....


MIDNIGHT'S DAUGHTER (Dorina Basarab, Dhampir, Book 1) Onyx, Oct 7, 2008

by Karen Chance

Read an excerpt: My least favorite dead guy had his feet up on my desk. I hate that. His boots were probably cleaner than my blotter, but still. It showed a lack of respect.
I pushed the offending size tens into the floor and scowled. “Whatever it is, the answer’s no.”
“Okay, Dory. Your call.” Kyle was looking amiable–never a good sign. “I should’ve known you wouldn’t care what happened to Claire. After all, there’s not likely to be any money in it,” he paused to glance around my rathole of an office, “and you don’t appear to be in a position to do anything gratis.”


Night Life (Nocturne City, Book 1) by Caitlin Kittredge ) St Martin's, 2008

"I smelled the girl's blood and saw her body in a pool of neon light. Neon signs from a bar facing the alley painted the scene dreamlike, the pavement slick and bottomless and the body's skin pink and hard.

I could smell her blood because I'm a werewolf.

I had gotten the call because she was dead."

Read more of the Excerpt

Pure Blood (Nocturne City, Book 1) by Caitlin Kittredge ) will be published on August 26, 2008


No comments: