AP: Here’s a couple of yummy recipes:
Bourbon Street Po’ Boy
6 tablespoons butter or margarine; 6 tablespoons flour; 1 large onion, sliced; a small green bell pepper, sliced; 2 cups beef broth; 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce; ¾ teaspoon Tabasco sauce; ½ teaspoon thyme, crumbled; 1 pound thinly sliced cooked beef; 4 hero rolls. (Serves 4)
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until flour browns, about 4 minutes.
3. Add onion and bell pepper.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes; gradually stir in broth.
5. Add Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, and thyme; stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
6. Cut a thin slice from top of each roll; scoop out soft insides.
7. Arrange meat on each roll; spoon gravy over meat and replace tops on rolls.
1. Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and citrus rinds in a chafing dish or medium skillet; heat until sugar begins to dissolve.
2. Add citrus slices, liqueur and brandy; heat.
3. Half fill a metal ladle with some of the hot liquid and carefully ignite.
4. Add to mixture in pan to ignite, ladling to distribute flavors.
5. When flame dies, add coffee; heat.
6. Serve in demitasse cups; garnish with curls of lemon and orange rind (if desired).
Drink up, y’all!