2008 On the Far Side Contest - Sponsored by the Futuristic, Fantasy, and Paranormal chapter of Romance Writers of America
"Got fantasy, futuristic, or paranormal? Then the On the Far Side Contest is for you!!
Welcome dragons, witches, ghosties, vampires, shape shifters, unicorns, and any creature your imagination can conjure up in a galaxy far far away, in a time long past, or in your very own backyard.
2007 Contest: 3 manuscripts requested! Two sold so far!
The FF&P On the Far Side Contest is not to be missed. Not only did the judges provide detailed and actionable feedback that I used to make my manuscript better, but I sold as a result of my 2007 contest win! I highly recommend this contest to anyone seriously pursuing a career writing paranormal romance."
Author of Between Light and Dark, a November 2008 release from Dorchester Love Spell
* Must be unpublished in full length fiction (40,000+) for the genre entering/or not published in genre entering for past 5 years.
* First 20 pages of manuscript
* OPTIONAL synopsis (New)
* Entry received by DEADLINE: August 8, 2008
Final round judges are acquiring editors and agents of all genres of paranormal romance. Take this opportunity to get your best work in front of:
* Erotic: Caren Johnson, Caren Johnson Literary Agency
* Romantic Elements: Lois Winston, Ashley Grayson
* Futuristic: Stacy Boyd, Harlequin
* General Paranormal: Erika Tsang, Avon
* Time Travel: Margo Lipschultz Harlequin, Luna
* Fantasy: Deborah Werksman, Sourcebooks
* (New) Young Adult: Scott Eagan, Greyhaus Literary Agency
All finalists receive a certificate and an OTFS finalist website banner (New).
* Winners of each category receive a check for $20, a pin, an OTFS winner website banner (New), and a certificate.
* 2nd Place receives a check for $15 and a certificate
* 3rd place receives a check for $10 and a certificate
For details and entry forms, go to http://www.romance-ffp.com/OTFS.htm
***PERMISSION GRANTED TO FORWARD***