Jul 12, 2009

Staked - Vampire Book Review


Staked
by
J. F. Lewis
Pocket Bks: S. & S. (Mar. 2008)

[Reviewed by Patricia. Originally published in Library Journal Feb. 15, 2008]

The hero of Lewis's humorous debut novel is Eric, a vampire having a bad week, with a poor memory and raging blackouts. In the midst of a rough tantrum, he realizes he has torn off the head of a fellow undead, but he can't remember who the victim is or why he killed him. As the story continues, however, Eric proves to be a much nicer guy than the opening would suggest. With a host of interesting characters—the elderly human Marilyn, the greatest love of Eric's life; Tabitha, the stripper-turned-vampire who loves Eric; evangelical werewolf William, who erroneously believes Eric killed his son; and Roger, co-owner with Eric of the Demon Heart Strip Club. This is a fast-paced story with a heady mixture of humor, violence, and sex.

Reprinted with permission of Reed Business Information.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

This is another book that arrived last week from a book buying bender I went on.....

Patricia Altner said...

Vickie

Lewis has a wonderful sense of humor that comes thru in his writing.

I went on a book buying bender myself at B&N. What fun!

MrsMixx said...

I have ordered this book and Revamped 3 days ago...by Monday i'll be able to read them =) It does seems like a great series , i can't wait for my copies to be shipped to me!
I love my books with a bit of humour so i can't wait!