Oct 2, 2010

Jennifer Rardin

It is so easy to take life for granted, to take a writer's work for granted. We find a series or an author that we love  and simply assume the next book will come out and we can once again become engrossed in a world created by a favorite artist. 


Most of you have probably heard by now about the untimely and sudden death of Jennifer Rardin author of the funny, cynical, adventurous Jaz Park series. Her publisher Orbit posted this brief message, "With great sadness, we report that our author Jennifer Rardin passed away on Monday, September 20th. Our heart goes out to her family and friends."


 She was only 45 years-old. I still cannot believe it.


Although I never met Jennifer in person I did share a brief email exchange with her very recently because she had agreed to a PVN interview. Needless to say I was thrilled at her acceptance. I sent my questions and she answered quickly with grace and humor. Her most recent book   Bitten in Two  will be published  November 8, 2010. This is book seven. She indicated book 8, which was to be the last Jaz Parks book was finished. I assume, and hope, it will be published as planned next June.


I loved the lively Jaz and her handsome vampire partner Vayle. Their adventures with some of the meanest, nastiest sorts of monsters kept me enthralled. If you haven't read any of these books take the time for a look. Most libraries and books stores carry them. They are truly loads of fun. 


Read Shawn Speakman of Suvudu who writes eloquently about Jennifer and the importance of writers.


Memorials may be made to the Riley's Children's Hospital



No comments: