Nov 22, 2008

Michelle Forbes and True Blood


I didn't watch True Blood's episode 11 (To Love Is To Bury) until late in the week and was pleasantly surprised to see the appearance of Michelle Forbes as the character Maryann. She appeared like a guardian angel for the despondent Tara whose own mother has rejected her and decided the best place for her daughter was jail. Of course I'm certain Maryann is not really an angel, not on this show anyway.

Michelle has the habit of showing up on some of my favorite programs, and always brings something special to every role. I first saw her on Star Trek Next Generation when she played the recurring role of Ensign Ro Laren, a feisty gal who had discipline problems with the military in addition to a love/hate relationship with Commander Riker. Then from 1996-1998 she appeared as the medical examiner on Homicide Life on the Streets. More recently she played the strong-willed, sociopathic Admiral Helena Cain on Battlestar Galactica. (See photo above. Michelle Forbes is in the center.) Looking at IMBd listings I find she has had a variety of roles in popular series like Lost, Prison Break, 24, etc.

According to the few, brief items I found through Google about Michelle's role on True Blood, she will be a regular. Excellent choice Mr. Ball!

2 comments:

Michael Malone said...

If I'm not mistaken, you actually first saw her in Episode 10. She was the lady with the pig that causes Tara to crash. I won't swear to it, but I believe so.

Michelle Forbes is one of my favorite character actresses as well, and am pleased she's joined the cast. I hate that Jason's Girlfriend had to leave the cast in the same episode.

Patricia Altner said...

Michael

You are probably right about her being the lady with the pig. That would make sense since that's what caused Tara's accident and landed her in jail!